Saturday, November 13, 2010

art attack: Audrey Kawasaki

I stumbled on Audrey's pieces just recently and I am by no doubt captivated by her works of art.

"Her work is both innocent and erotic. Each subject is attractive yet disturbing. Audrey's precise technical style is at once influenced by both manga comics and Art Nouveau."

-audrey-kawasaki.com


I especially love the melancholic feel of every piece.....the subject's eyes are all droopy...like they're stoned. Hihi. Too cool for me.












This will for sure inspire my next series. I'm dying to get my hands on graphite and some nice sketchbook. Arrggh. Her's by the way, are mostly done on wood....super COOLNESS. Very talented. Hands down. ^_____^


Check her site if you have the time: www.audrey-kawasaki.com

11 comments:

Becca. said...

such gorgeous illustrations!!!

please enter the latest competition to win an LBD!

XOXO, BECCA
www.fashion-train.co.uk

daisychain said...

I love Audrey Kawasaki, the last picture is my favourite.

Anonymous said...

Amazing artwork. I've seen these pieces on other websites but never knew the artist's name. I love the one with the birds and the water effect. And yes it is poppy day :) xxx

SabinePsynopsis said...

So pretty. They look like they're painted on wood.

Fashion Cappuccino said...

The faces are my favorite! It's innocent but with a dark mystery! xxoxoxoxoo

I V Y said...

these are amaizng.

Signe said...

LOVE these! She has such a unique style!

glee said...

wow! 've not seen such very captivating illustrations yet. I love these. :)

Win our Perricone giveaway worth $150

Win an Orient Watch USA worth $285

Heather said...

oooh you're right, so nice, I esp love the rendering of the hair :)

Leia said...

Gorgeous artwork!

Leia

devilishlypleasurable said...

these are so mystical and soulful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...